Job Description: Design Associate (Sales Rep)
Reports To: Franchisee/Sales Manager
Floor Coverings International Kansas City West provides the BEST in-home flooring experience in Kansas and is a fast growing, turnkey flooring provider. We are currently in need of a sales rep with excellent communication skills and some customer service/sales experience who is excited to meet new clients in their homes and sell our services and flooring products.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to be self-motivated, work independently, communicate well, be highly organized, and enjoy a team atmosphere. We are looking for an individual who isn’t afraid to work really hard. Experience in the flooring industry is a plus but not required. The right individual will play a key part in the expansion of our locally owned company and have the opportunity to grow as our company grows.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS (Essential Functions):
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for all types of flooring service requests
- Go out to client’s homes and meet with them regarding their flooring project
- Follow our Sales System using our devices and software (non-negotiable)
- Coordinate installation time and communication schedule with Office Manager/Project Manager
- Assist Office Manager with ordering of products (provide clarification on what needs to be ordered, as needed)
- Communicate customer needs/expectations to Install Manager to make jobs go smoothly
- Go back to finished jobs on day of completion for final walk thru and pick up final payment
- Re-visit finished jobs (5-10 days after) to inspect, take reference pictures and ask for referrals
- Engage in on-going training/educational requirements (may involve travel at company expense)
Provided – Must maintain
- Mobile Flooring Showroom – must be kept presentable, clean and organized with company samples at all times.
- Exhibit care with samples at all times, maintain proper inventory of samples
- In-home Mobile Tablet for estimating – for professional and work-related use only
- Smartphone – for professional and work-related use only
- Disto measuring device/tape measure
- Pointing device (metal and retractable/telescoping)
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend weekly training sessions
- Attend regularly scheduled weekly team meeting reviewing goals and tasks
- Attend 1 Monthly Sales meeting
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- The desire to make a real difference in a small company
- Basic business knowledge
- Solid experience delivering customer service
- Experience managing a busy work schedule
TRAINING AND ONGOING EDUCATION
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- College Degree
- Prior flooring experience or knowledge of flooring industry
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Sitting 80% (in the office, client’s homes, driving to appointments)
- Standing/walking 20%
- Moderate noise levels from office equipment
- Minimum lifting requirements of 25 pounds to carry sample kits into client’s homes
- Frequent client and interoffice personnel interaction; heavily dependent on excellent customer interaction
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS (SUCCESS FACTORS):
Adhere to company core values
Attitude – Integrity – Quality
- We constantly exhibit a positive attitude by being observant, forthright, and helpful.
- Deliver what you promise
- Respect the individual
- Have pride in what you do
- Be open-minded to possibilities and practice continuous improvement
- Engage in the community; make it fun
- We take pride in our brand, product, presentations, and workmanship
- Our quality is demonstrated through our customer service, meticulous attention to detail, and our commitment to quality and safety
- We stand behind our products and services through industry-leading warranties
Have you worked in sales before?
Do you have a current valid driver’s license?
Are you legally allowed to work in the U.S.?
If so, please submit your resume to:
We look forward to hearing from you!