Here at Floor Coverings International Kansas City West, we do more than just flooring! If you’re planning a major remodel or just updating your kitchen, be sure to check our tile selection when choosing a backsplash for your Olathe home.
A great tile backsplash can be a major focal point in a kitchen or bathroom, so it’s no small decision. What style are you going for? How much do you want to spend? Are you concerned about maintenance? These are all important questions to consider. If you’re just starting out, here are a few tips to help you choose the right backsplash tile.
Tips for Choosing a Tile Backsplash
- The type of tile you choose will have a significant impact on the cost. If you’re looking to stay on
budget, steer towards ceramic tiles in simple sizes and shapes. For more personality, use expensive tiles sparingly as decorative accents.
- Want to make a real statement? Create a unique design to go above your stove or sink. Try mixing tile sizes, colors, or shapes for a one-of-a-kind look.
- Consider your counters and cabinets when choosing tile. Pick something that will complement these fixtures – if you have a bold, multi-colored countertop, go with a subtle tile. If your counters and cabinets are dark, consider lightening up the room with a bright backsplash.
- Ask about maintenance. Glass and ceramic are fairly easy to clean and maintain, though they can be broken or damaged. Natural stone is tough and durable but requires regular sealing to look its best.
- Pick a quality grout. Regardless of the cost of your tiles, a nice grout is essential for your backsplash to look good and stay intact.
Need more guidance on choosing a tile backsplash? Give Floor Coverings International Kansas City West a call today! Our experts are proud to provide Kansas City West homeowners with free in-home estimates and consultations.