Most people associate wool with a cozy winter sweater, but it also makes for a wonderful material for carpet because of its insulating qualities. Wool is made from the hair of sheep and is used primarily to make clothes, carpet, and blankets. Sheep hair grows in an elastic and crimped fashion, which makes it great at trapping and holding in heat. This makes wool carpet ideal for those cold winter nights in Kansas City. The experts at Floor Coverings International Kansas City West outline the benefits of wool carpet below!
Benefits of Wool Carpeting
- Wool is a sustainable resource. Sheep’s hair is both biodegradable and a renewable resource. This is great for homeowners who prefer to install environmentally friendly flooring in their home.
- It’s a great insulator, making it perfect for the winter season. It will keep your feet warm and is also thick and soft, which will create a cozy atmosphere.
- Like all other types of carpet, wool is available in a variety of different colors, patterns, and textures. This allows you to truly customize your home!
Drawbacks of Wool Carpeting
- Due to its high quality, wool is one of the pricier carpet options.
- Wool carpet is more prone to stains because it absorbs moisture easily.
Your Kansas City West Wool Carpet Experts
If you’re ready to get to work on your new carpet project, give the experts at Floor Coverings International Kansas City West a call today! We’ll bring our mobile showroom right to your door, filled with thousands of different samples. Our knowledgeable design associates will work with you to select the best flooring option for your unique home and budget. Once you’ve picked out what you want, they’ll even provide a free proposal and estimate. We proudly serve Overland Park, Shawnee, Lenexa, Prairie Village and surrounding areas.
Photo Credit: Pbombaert